The Joy of Giving: Low FODMAP Food Gifts to Brighten the SeasonPublished on Tuesday, December 12, 2023 by
The Art of Gifting: Low FODMAP Food Presents for a Delightful Holiday
Everyone has to have it, everyone wants it, and everyone has to try it. No, it’s not the new iPhone; it's the PERFECT present for their family members.
Here’s the challenge: everyone has different interests, budgets, and expectations when it comes to gifts. Thankfully, one category of gifts can’t go wrong: food!
Ah, I know what you’re thinking: what about my Low FODMAP family and friends? Are there savory holiday snacks for them?
Of course, there are, and we have a list right here! (You know we wouldn’t let you down, Foodguides fam).
Before we take a bite (if you will), let’s take a moment to review:
What is the Low FODMAP diet?
The Low FODMAP diet is a nutrition plan designed to help relieve gastrointestinal symptoms in people with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and other digestive disorders, such as small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO). It eliminates and reintroduces foods that are Fermentable, Oligosaccharides, Disaccharides, Monosaccharides, And Polyols.
All of these food items are Low FODMAP and organized into baskets so that you can pick snacks that fit with your family's or friends’ vibes. If you are looking for more Low FODMAP-friendly gift ideas, we have another article for you with additional ideas for your loved ones as well.
Let’s build a basket!
The Spicy Basket
The perfect basket for your friends who love a little spice in their life!
- Chili Spice Mix - A chili spice mix without garlic and onion?! It has been done, and it has been done well. This Chili Spice Mix from Fodmazing is made with rice flour, which is perfect for creating the ultimate chili or soup. This would be perfect for a “chilly” night!
- Salsa Verde - This salsa verde from Fody Foods is an excellent addition to meals and snacks when you want some quick flavor without worrying about hidden FODMAPs.
- Chimichurri Rub - Not only is this Chimichurri Rub by Casa De Sante a great rub for meats or vegetables but this can also be used as a marinade. Yum!
The Sweet Tooth Basket
The one for those who like life on the sweeter side.
- Ladyfingers - These delightful cookies are just one in the Schär brand’s Low FODMAP collection of products. Perfect for dipping in a hot beverage, eating plain, or creating a delicious dessert.
- Dark Chocolate Bars- When you add these Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Bars to the basket, you’ll know you have hit a home run with your gift. I mean, who doesn’t love a really good chocolate bar?
- Fudgy Brownie Mix - This Fudgy Brownie Mix from Rachel Pauls Food is perfect for those with a sweet tooth or have an itch for baking! If you have a real chocoholic you are gifting to, you could throw in the Rachel Pauls Food incredible Chocolate Cake Mix, too!
The Snack Attack Basket
The basket for those who want a little more than a basic snack.
- Blueberry Almond Snack Bars - These Blueberry Almond Snack Bars from Fody Foods are a delicious gut-friendly treat when you are on the go, late for work or school, need a pick-me-up, or want something tasty that is tummy-friendly.
- Strawberry Shortcake Snack Bars - BelliWelli knows how to make some fantastic Low FODMAP snack bars, and these Strawberry Shortcake Snack Bars do not disappoint! Plus, the individual bar packaging is so cute if you take them out of the box and put them in the basket. (A perfect match for any aesthetic!)
- Barbeque Kettle Chips - For your FODMAP friends who lean on the salty side, these Kettle Cooked Barbeque Chips from Fody Foods are a great addition to any food basket. Use this basket to introduce your family and friends to their new favorite snack this year!
The Chef’s Basket
The basket for those who like to unleash their inner Food Network persona.
- Seasonings For Grilling - Choose a delicious steak blend from Fody Foods or a Garlic Parmesan seasoning from Smoke ‘n Sanity, which features their signature Essence of Garlic Salt that does not contain garlic! This should be on every Low FODMAPer’s wish list!
- Turmeric Root Powder Spice - Adding flavor and color to any dish, and certainly perfect for a curry, turmeric gives many dishes a new depth with a simple pinch.
- Broth/Seasonings Bundle by Gourmend Foods - This bundle of broths and seasonings is the perfect kit for someone starting their cooking journey on the Low FODMAP diet.