Deanna's Top-Rated Apps for Self-CarePublished on Tuesday, April 25, 2023 by
None of us do it alone. Success in life requires help.
We get guidance as young children from our parents. Then we add teachers, coaches, and counselors when we are school-age. And if you continue to higher education, you will continue to have mentors. Then one day you're dropped out into the “real world” and left to fend for yourself. Just know that you are not alone. There are many places to get guidance and help you continue to develop personally.
As human beings, we are always learning and growing. If you look back over the years there have been huge advancements in industry, medicine, and probably most of all technology. Technology has definite cons, one being the time it can consume. Nowadays everything is at your fingertips. But if we utilize it well we can harness the power of this technology and can benefit tremendously.
Deanna’s Top Apps
There are so many things to choose from that it can be confusing and overwhelming. I’m going to share my favorites, some free and some paid but I have benefited from them all. I’ll start with paid and move to free.
1. Oola – If I had to choose only one, this is it. This is actually a digital coaching platform with a companion app. It is powered by AI technology and it’s disruptive. It’s personalized coaching and courses in the palm of your hand. Their purpose is to make the world better by providing a system that helps individuals create a life of balance, growth, and purpose. This app has an annual or monthly subscription option. You can check out Oola through their FREE Life Assessment or try a 7-day FREE trial.
2. Chopra – This app makes meditation, wellness, and self-care accessible to all. There are courses, exercise programs, daily meditations, meditation challenges, and more. You can choose your programs based on needs like stress, sleep, mindfulness, etc. This one is available on an annual subscription basis. Occasionally there are free challenges that partner with celebrities such as Oprah. Check out the Chopra app here.
3. Calm – This app’s main goal is to improve your health and happiness. It includes self-improvement, improved sleep, improved focus, and less stress and anxiety. This app has some of everything. There’s music, meditation, movement, masterclasses, and more. There is a paid and free version.
4. Super Doodle Girl – Okay, this one is more of a course than an app but I love it. Roxanne puts out free content often and her courses are affordable. The benefit is that you learn how to doodle mindfully. It is a creative way to release stored stress and increase gratitude. She has live courses to join from time to time, but all are available on her site here. Also, much of what she teaches can be done on paper or using the ProCreate app. Just have fun and explore.
5. Insight Timer – Breathwork, sleep, yoga, courses, and more. You can get daily inspiration and quotes. There are live workshops. They run challenges. There is plenty to explore in the free version and you can subscribe to upgrade to receive even more content.
6. Finch – Finch touts itself as your new self-care best friend. You take care of your pet by taking care of yourself. It’s a fun way to take daily action in the areas that need it the most. There is a free version and a paid version. You can also become a guardian by paying for someone else. Guardianship comes with some additional perks.
Have fun exploring the many different options out there. These are just a few of my favorites. Test them out and see what you like and what works for you. One of the best things you will ever do is invest in yourself. When you take care of yourself, you show up better in every other area of life. And that’s a beautiful thing.
I see you, and YOU are beautiful!
Deanna Salles-FreemanLife & Health Coach