Who doesn’t love granola bars?
From kids to adults, these no-bake, sweet and salty, oat and peanut butter granola bars are always a huge hit. With just a handful of ingredients, you can make these bars according to the recipe, or add some of your own mix-ins for a customized snack for your family.
These bars are great as a pre-game snack, with an afternoon cup of tea, or right out of the pan. Since you cut the bars to size, you can customize the size to fit a Low-FODMAP diet.
Two tablespoons of peanut butter are considered a Low-FODMAP serving, and these bars fit right in according to the recipe size. Sweetened with pure maple syrup, they are the perfect chewy, salty-but-sweet snack.
These no-bake granola bars are dairy-free & gluten-free.
- 1 ¾ cups Gluten Free Quick Cooking Oats (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup no-salt added, creamy, natural peanut butter
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup mini-GF/DF chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
Extra tips for when making these granola bars:
- Annoyed when the paper rolls up and doesn’t lie flat? Cut the paper to size then crinkle it up like you’re throwing it away. Then flatten it out in the pan or on a cookie sheet. It will lay much flatter!
- A stand mixer makes this much easier, but you can also mix by hand. We don’t recommend a hand mixer for these bars.
- *Additional mix-ins (if tolerated): raisins, craisins, slivered almonds, diced walnuts, shredded coconut.
[[ recipeID=recipe-9l0ld14wt, title=Sweet & Chewy No-Bake Granola Bars ]]