Gift giving is my love language and ‘tis the season of gifts
I’m one of those people who really enjoys taking the time to search for the “perfect” gifts for my loved ones. During the holiday season, I try my best to start shopping early so I can really enjoy the season. Something I enjoy doing is making gift baskets, especially food-themed ones because they are practical and always a big hit with the gift recipients.
When creating a gift basket for your Low FODMAP friends or family, you are giving them an incredibly thoughtful gift because you are providing them with some food options that they can explore and possibly even expose them to some FODMAP-friendly brands that they were not aware of that could easily become a new staple in their pantries.
Low FODMAP Gift-Basket Ideas
The Barbeque Basket
- Start this basket with a couple of Low FODMAP verified barbeque sauces from Fody Foods (Chipotle BBQ; Original BBQ)
- Throw in a nice barbeque accessory such as (my personal favorite) some shredder claws or a meat thermometer
The Heavenly Pasta Basket
- This basket starts with the Low FODMAP verified 3-pack of marinara sauces from Fody Foods (if you know your people though, there is also a 3-pack of tomato & basil sauce)
- The next must-have is pasta, so something the Low FODMAP friends and family might not have tried yet is this amazing Hearts of Palm Pasta Sampler! It comes with 2 angel hair, 2 spaghetti, and 2 lasagna pasta. What a win.
- To make this basket absolute pasta heaven, add a sophisticated olive oil. Here is an award-winning extra-virgin olive oil, and a basil-infused extra-virgin olive oil, both rich in polyphenols (good for digestion).
- Make the basket complete with a pasta serving tool or some vibrant pasta serving bowls and you are good to go!
The Fancy Salad Basket
- This food-themed basket begins with a variety of 4 Low FODMAP certified salad dressings from Fody Foods (French, Garden Herb, Maple Dijon & Caesar)
- Add an indoor/outdoor grow-your-own tomato garden set with 8 different varieties of tomatoes (all Non-GMO & heirloom seeds)
- Use a classy salad bowl as the gift basket itself when creating your gift
- Complete the basket with some beautiful and unique salad servers & tongs or if you have a true foodie in your life, check out these funny kitchen towels to toss in
The Chef’s Choice Basket
- The Chef’s Choice Basket starts with a couple of Low FODMAP certified sauces and marinades from Fody Foods (Sesame Ginger, Teriyaki, Korean BBQ, Taco Sauce)
- If you have a cook or foodie in your family that has not received a pack of copper grill mats yet, they are amazing. We make a lot of fish and vegetables on the grill and these have been a real game-changer
- Consider a personalized cutting board or a wonderful and unique set of measuring cups such as these vintage Mason jar measuring cups/spoons or a practically perfect addition- the magnetic measuring spoons
- Polish off the basket with some classic oversized dinner napkins