Textured Vegetable Protein (1.5 lbs)
TVP is the real MVP...Meatless Vegetable Protein, that is. I guess you could say it is the Most Valuable Player in most vegan dishes too. This flavorless plant based protein is often used as a meat extender or substitute in recipes. It is made from defatted soy flour that is cooked under pressure then dried, resulting in textured chunks. Think of it as a cousin to tofu. When rehydrated, TVP has a fibrous, spongy texture and a behavior similar to ground meat. It is easy to work with, as it absorbs the flavor of any ingredient it is seasoned or marinated with. Use Anthony's TVP to make vegetarian and vegan versions of meat based dishes like burgers, tacos, burritos, sloppy joes, chili, spaghetti, meatloaves and more!
- Textured Vegetable Protein — Also Known as TVP or TSP
- Non-GMO, Batch Tested and Verified Gluten Free
- Meat Extender or Vegetarian Substitute, Unflavored — Easily Absorbs Flavors
- Product of USA, Packed in California
- Use to Make Vegetarian & Vegan Versions of Meat Based Dishes like Burgers, Tacos, Chili and more!
Package Dimensions: 11.6 x 8.8 x 3.0 inches
Our Experts Say:
Plant-based protein alternatives are good options for reducing saturated fat and cholesterol and increasing fiber and essential nutrients in your diet.